Usually with tasks that have multiple time periods (change over time tasks) you want to focus on beginning numbers, peaks and low points, categories that overtake another category, and ending numbers. The key data is shown in the line chart below to illustrate this.
- In 1979 about 220 grams of beef were sold.
- The purchasing of beef peaked at less than 250 grams in 1984.
- In 2004, beef consumption fell to around 120 grams.
- At the beginning of the period lamb sales stood at 150 grams.
- The amount of lamb sold reached a low point of 50 grams in 1999.
- At the end of the period lamb sales were approximately 60 grams.
- Chicken sales started off at 100 grams.
- Sales of chicken increased rapidly, and around 1985 they rose to over 130 grams overtaking the sales of lamb.
- By the end of the period chicken sales had fallen to their lowest point at about 25 grams.