In the Academic Test Task 1 you need to write a report based on information contained in a graph, graphs, pie chart, or a diagram. You need to write over 150 words and the task should be completed in 20 minutes. In order to do well in this part of the test you need to be competent at the following:
- IELTS combining data
- writing task 1 future Task
- planning Task 1 academic
- task 1 academic process
- task-1-academic-process quiz answers
The task in academic part 1 almost always contains these words:
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
This means that you cannot/should not try to report all the detail in the visual. If you do, it will be hard to write well in 150 words and more importantly you may be penalised on task response.
How to Score well
- Clearly understand the requirements of the task
- Able to paraphrase key words in the task direction
- Able to correctly structure your answer (few test-takers do this well!)
- Able to use language to accurately and precisely describe trends or a process
- Able to identify and communicate the highlights of graphs or diagrams.
- Able to vary grammatical structures and control grammar for accuracy.