To pass your IELTS Essay Writing you need to be able to write an essay of over 250 words in about 40 minutes. In order to achieve a high-score you must prepare for your test well. I have summarized the main ways to prepare effectively below:
- Understand the writing test requirements, including grading
- Learn how to structure the three types of essays that get asked
- Build up vocabulary for common topics and linking phrases
- Read model answers to past questions to see how you should write your essays
- Learn how to analyse questions and plan your essays
- Start writing essays under test conditions. You need to be able to write your essay in about 40 minutes.
- Get your tasks assessed by a tutor who has trained as an examiner.
I welcome you to ask questions using the comment box at the bottom of this post.