To pass your IELTS Essay Writing you need to be able to write an essay of over 250 words in about 40 minutes. In order to achieve a high-score you must prepare for your test well. I have summarized the main ways to prepare effectively below:
- Understand the writing test requirements, including grading
- Learn how to structure the three types of essays that get asked
- Build up vocabulary for common topics and linking phrases
- Read model answers to past questions to see how you should write your essays
- Learn how to analyse questions and plan your essays
- Start writing essays under test conditions. You need to be able to write your essay in about 40 minutes.
- Get your tasks assessed by a tutor who has trained as an examiner.
I welcome you to ask questions using the comment box at the bottom of this post.
2 thoughts on “How to Pass IELTS Essay Writing”
I get 8 for other parts of the test, but for writing it is often 7 or even 6.5. Why do you think my score might be so low?
Since you do well in other parts of the test, it is unlikely to be vocabulary or grammar. The most likely cause is weak task response. Have a look at some common errors here: http://www.ieltsanswers.com/ielts-writing-common-mistakes-task-response.html