IELTS writing correction service
IELTS writing correction and feedback service by a trained examiner to increase your score. I check your writing tasks and give you feedback on errors and ways to improve your writing. I will also give you a score for each of the four grading criteria.
What I will do:
- correct and point-out your English errors and explain the main problems with your writing
- give scores for Task Response, Coherence and Cohesion, Lexical Resource, and Grammar
- provide overall advice about your essay and its structure
Process for correction
1. Make a payment for my IELTS writing correction. one task for $9, four for $30, 10 for $70 USD
2. Email me your writing task. This can be in the following formats: ms-word, pdf, or photo of a handwritten task. I suggest you send your tasks one at a time so that you can use the feedback from each task to improve the subsequent task.
3. Choosing Tasks. You can select your own task questions or choose them from here:
4. Writing your task: When you do a practice test I suggest you time yourself – 1 hour for the whole writing exam or 40 minutes for an essay and 20 minutes for a Task 1. Part of the reason for doing practice writing tests is to push yourself to complete the task within the required time.
5. I will usually send back your task with corrections and feedback within 24 hours.
6. Review your essay and you are welcome to ask questions if anything is unclear. Please do not abuse this and try to use resources such as the dictionary and internet first.
Sample of an essay that was submitted for IELTS Writing Correction
Question: Although many benefits may result from space exploration, the costs involved are enormous. There is some debate as to whether this money could be more wisely spent to provide for the basic needs of mankind such as food, clean water, contraception etc. for this reason space exploration should be restricted,
To what extent do you agree?
Feedback from IELTS tutor
Suggested Next Steps:
1. Grammar is a serious issue, you need to work on singular/plural, articles, and verb endings. I suggest you go to my grammar page.
2. Work on connecting more of your simple sentences together to create more compound and complex sentences. An excellent site that explains sentence parts and allows you to do practice quizzes is at http://esl.about.com/od/intermediatewriting/a/cplex_sentence
Well structured and addresses all parts of the question.
Arguments relate well to the question. Logical conclusion based on arguments.
Over 350 words, write less and use the extra time to check your answer
Cohesion and coherence
Wide range of connectors used: furthermore, in addition etc. Clear progression of argument.
However, the high frequency of errors with language interferes with the coherence
Some level 7 words like: phenomenon,nethertheless, but frequent errors with word choices (e.g. “emergent”)
Many errors with verb endings
Too many short simple sentences
Confusion of singular and plural
Errors with articles, especially missing out “the”
You have good arguments to support your point of view and your essay is well structured.
Some use of high level vocabulary. Nethertheless, High frequency of grammatical and lexical error limit the quality of your response.
More samples of Writing I Corrected
See more tasks I have corrected to assess the quality of my service and understand some of the common errors that are made in the test and also get ideas about how to write essays.
Essay with problems with task response and cohesion and coherence
How your IELTS writing gets graded by an examiner
The video below explains the grading process in detail so that you can understand how to get the score that you need.
Essay with a contradictory opinion