IELTS Change Over Time Task
The IELTS change over time task is designed to test your ability to explain information during different time periods shown in a line graph, bar graph, pie chart, table, process diagram, or map (the last two tasks will be covered in a separate section). You must present the information in your own words as complete sentences within paragraphs. You are required to write over 150 words, and the task should be completed in 20 minutes (both part 1 and 2 must be finished in 1 hour).
1) describing trends verb and noun phrases.
2) describing data levels using verbs and nouns
3) adverbs and adjectives to describe trends precisely
4) prepositions for time and data
5) describing numbers and percentages
6) past tense and sometimes future tense.
- planning change over time
eBook on IELTS Academic Writing