The following are some suggestions if you are seeking a very high score in the IELTS exam
Listening and reading:
1. do ALL the Cambridge books of past test papers 7-11!
1. learn idiomatic expressions
2. learn some topic specific vocabulary [same for writing!]
3. write out and rehearse some likely topics for part 2 speaking…especially cover people/places/things…you can see questions using this link, but the idea is that if you prepare an answer for a person, you try to use that to answer a question for any person…or when talking about a place you may also be able to include part of your talk about the person.
3. Get your speaking assessed by a tutor who has trained as an examiner:
1. learn the three types of essays that get asked
2. Build up topic specific language
3. Get your tasks assessed by a tutor who has trained as an examiner:
4. Buy ebooks written by an author who has trained as an examiner: