Read the questions below and then play the MP3 and answer the questions.
Track 16. Listen to Part One and USING NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER complete the questions 1–5 below.
- What are the two guest speakers’ names?
- Which organisation did they work for?
- How many weeks did they work for this organisation?
- Where did they work?
- What were they doing?
Track 17. Questions 6–10. Listen to Part Two.
- Where did they get the water?
- How often did they fetch water?
- Who did they work with?
- What would the women do?
- What was surprising about the women?
- John and David Lee 2. Habitat 3. two weeks 4. Dominican Republic 5. charity work / building houses
- from a creek 7. every morning 8. Dominicans / mainly men 9. cooking duties 10. stamina
For even more help see my IELTS listening ebook: