You are planning to spend a weekend at a hotel with your family. Write a letter to the hotel making the arrangements. Include the following:
– when you want to arrive and leave
– explain the type of rooms you would like and ask how much they will cost
– ask about activities and places of interest near the hotel
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to arrange our family’s upcoming visit to your hotel, as well as to ask for some additional information.
Let me start by outlining our itinerary, we intend to stay at your hotel for two days; namely, the 15th and 16th of April. We will arrive at your hotel around 11 am on the 15th and to leave at around 4 pm on the 16th. Hence, we will need an early check-in and a late checkout.
With regards to our room requirements and the prices, we would like to reserve two double rooms for four members of our family. Furthermore, I would like to ask for confirmation of your hotel’s rates during the weekend so that there are no unpleasant surprises. You see, we have experienced some hotels which double their rates on weekends.
Finally, if you can also suggest to us some particularly unique sightseeing or local activities that we can participate in that would make our day. We are particularly interested in entertainment for the kids.
I look forward to receiving your reply soon.
Who will receive the letter: hotel manager
Relationship: customer and manager
Formality level: formal letter
– I am writing to inquire about/in connection with…
TO INTRODUCE FIRST REQUEST:
– Could you possibly send…
– I would be grateful if you could…
– Would it be possible for you to tell/send me…
TO INTRODUCE FURTHER REQUEST:
– Could you also please send me…
– Another matter I need information on is…
– I would also like some information on…
– I look forward to receiving…
– I would appreciate it if you could inform me as soon as possible.
1 thought on “Requesting information”
Thank you Mike.