Some ideas to speed up the writing of your essays:
1. Plan your essay! Make sure that before you start writing you know the main points you will write about, so that you don’t have to stop and think of these while you’re writing.
2. Learn the three types of essays that get asked and be very familiar with the structure of each. This way you won’t have to waste time thinking how you should structure the essay
3. Memorise some phrases that can be used for certain essays. For instance, for a question that asks for both views and your opinion, you can use the same phrase to end the introduction “this essay discusses both sides of this argument and then I will give my own perspective”
4. Practice writing lots of essays
5. Practice planning lots of essays, so that you get quicker at planning and also if you’re lucky you might get a similar topic: essay questions and model answers