You recently bought a new piece of equipment for your home but it did not work. You phoned the store but still no action has been taken.
Write a letter to the store manager. In your letter:
– describe what equipment you bought
Dear Sir or Madam,
The purpose of this letter is to express my dissatisfaction with a purchase from your store last week.
Starting with an outline of the device which is a Sanyo Deluxe blender, and the model is SDB-2000. It is one of your top of the line blenders and it cost $89. I bought a silver one, with black trim.
Moving onto the issue, which is that the blades do not spin properly. At first, everything seemed to work fine but within a day the blender started to shake uncontrollably and there is a strange knocking noise and I can see the blades wobbling. Immediately called the shop for assistance; however, despite promises to do so, no one has got back to me.
With respect to the remedial steps, I would appreciate it if you would replace my faulty blender for a new one in accordance with the one year warranty and I have kept the receipt of my purchase. Please contact me and let me know how you intend to resolve this matter.
Who will receive the letter: store manager
Relationship: customer and manager
Formality level: formal
– I am writing to complain about…
– I am writing to draw your attention to…
– I am writing to express my strong dissatisfaction with…
– I am afraid to say I have a number of complaints about…
– I was appalled at…
– We ought to discuss the matter…
– To make matters worse…
– I was very disappointed to find that…
– I would be grateful if you could…
– I should have been informed that…
– I would like to hear your explanation for the above problems.
– I would therefore be grateful if you could give me a full refund.
– I would like a full refund as soon as possible.
– I hope we can sort this matter out amicably.